1) Sleep in
2) Eggs and bacon for breakfast/lunch depending on when he woke up. Lunch it was! Lol
3) Chill inside where it is cool
4) Watch movies of “his” choice (Monster Inc. was the first one in)
5) Time with his girls
I am happy to report all his requests were granted with some surprises.
1) I baked him a double chocolate birthday cake with homemade peanut butter frosting this morning
2) I made enough macaroni salad (his favorite) for a week (or so I hope, lol)
3) Mags joined him to visit his Mom and stop at the store (he surprised me with a French vanilla And hazelnut creamer, sweet)
4) House was clean when they returned
5) Dinner on the deck, one of his favorite BBQ choices
6) Time at the pool with Mags (one of his favorite summer activities)
His four days off combined with a day all about him makes for a great birthday. We have enjoyed the day and time together as a family. Tomorrow night though is date night. Yipee!
On a more serious note, do you cherish your spouse’s birthday? More importantly, do you cherish your spouse? I encourage you not to wait until their birthday to have an “all about you” day. It has brought me more joy to spoil him and see him relax. I think it is especially important to dote on our hubby. (Not that we don’t do a lot because we do) They work hard and often stress more about paying the bills and being the “man” or “breadwinner” in the home.
How have you spoiled your hubby for their birthday in the past? Do you take the opportunity to do this more than once I year? I hope so.