It is an exciting and busy time ahead of us as we meet an array of deadlines necessary to guarantee an April release. Your response on the blog and the new Facebook page (Where's Heidi?) have been abundant and inspiring. You touch our hearts with the posts, comments, and emails as continue to remember and pray for our precious Heidi and her return.
Starting today, the Tuesday blogs will be titled, T.0.P.'s Tuesday and will provide you with information relating to the release of Where's Heidi? One Sister's Journey. It might be an upcoming speaking engagement, the cover, an excerpt, or bizarre tidbits about the publishing process you may not be aware of.
Why is is called T.O.P.'s Tuesday? Great question! Heidi played volleyball for the Bishop Cunningham Jr./Sr. High School until it closed in 1992. On February 14th, 1992 the Palladium Times (an Oswego, New York newspaper) named my sister, Heidi M. Allen athlete of the week. This was exciting and we were all proud of her but it was the name they gave her that stirred the most attention, "Tower of Power".
Mags and I spent over two hours at the Oswego Public Library today going through months and years of microfilm. Side by side, we scrolled and enjoyed the conversation and then it happened, Mags found the article we prayed to find. An answered prayer.
Each Tuesday we will remember Heidi, Bishop Cunningham's "Tower of Power" (T.O.P.) as we move forward in this publishing journey. God is the ultimate Tower of Power for us all but Heidi was her friend's T.O.P. on the court.
In honor of Heidi - Let the T.O.P.'s Tuesday's begin.
News to report:
* I have my manuscript back from the editor and I am working on the revisions, suggestions, and a little leg work I didn't realize I needed.
* Mags and Dad are working on the book trailer for the September 14th book cover reveal.
* Postcards, rack cards, and a surprise for my parents arrived this past week. All will be revealed after 9/14.
* School starts next week so I have a lot of work to get done so my manuscript can be back in the editor's hands before then.
* I have started to schedule speaking engagements for this Fall, winter, and even into the spring. God is so good!
Have a great week! T.O.P.'s Tuesday will be one day you can plan on learning something new, interesting, or upcoming as it pertains to the book. Of course I might sneak stuff in throughout the week but Tuesday will be a scheduled day. Thank you again for your prayers, encouragement, and support. You are blessings in our lives.