Keeping it Real...
Welcome! No matter how you found this, God knew you'd be here today. May you absorb the message He has for you. In 2011 I shared through my writing, today I've learned there is more to me than just writing. I have the energy and passion to share with others. Sometimes through Facebook live and others with my blog and most importantly, I've learned my passion to cook and bake is a vessel to share my writing and live presentations, while glorifying God in the process. I just needed to let go, and follow His lead.
A Writers' "Walk with Him"
I continue to walk with Him each day. Some days are easier than other days. I know some people who find it easier to praise God when God is blessing them abundantly then there are others that require a life altering moment to draw them back into God’s loving arms. Which are you?
This week’s “Walk with Him” blog are some of the things I am thankful for as it pertains to my writing and speaking career. Please understand I appreciate and thank God daily for the way He is in control of this new journey as I seek to have my first book published yet there are some days that are easier than others.
I choose to offer praise and thanksgiving to God for:
· First and foremost...sending His One and Only Song to be born, live, and then suffer a death on the cross for my sins
· The doors opened to write and speak…to share of God’s healing and hope in my life because of the relationship I have with Jesus
· The doors closed (that I might want open) some of these are closed to protect me and others to allow for a more bountiful blessing down the road
· Honesty – In this business, I need to hear honest critiques, edits, and pointers to be the best woman, wife, mother, daughter, sister, writer, and speaker I can. May I reflect God to others, not Lisa.
· Humility – may I accept said honesty with grace and remember it is in love that others offer suggestions and feedback
· Grace –when the truth is going to hurt, God uses wonderful people to share this truth with me so I can grow
· Consideration – for the agents, editors, publishers, and authors willing to take time to review my work and offer suggestions. While I am a mere ant in God’s world, He chooses to bless me with amazing opportunities and people to develop my writing and speaking
· Critique with honesty even when it might hurt – some might leave me wanting to cry but then I remember, I write for Him and Heidi. I want to be the best I can be, this requires correction, instruction, and a willingness to listen.
· Rejection – Ouch! No one likes to be rejected yet in the world of publishing it is more common than in most aspects of life. Countless authors have been rejected repeatedly yet they persevered to see their writing in print. Rejection is necessary and in some sense, healthy. We cannot (and should not) always get what we “want”. Do you remember learning about wants vs. needs in first grade? Rejection is a need if we are going to be the strongest and best we can be for whatever God has called us to do. There is a verse in the Bible that talks about discipline not seeming pleasant at the time but in the end, it is worth it. This should be every aspiring author’s mission statement. Rejection and critiques only make us stronger and the wiser.
· A supportive family
· Supportive friends
· People to pray with and for me, my writing and speaking
· Clean clothes in the baskets waiting to be folded because I have spent the day writing
· Dust bunnies of dog hair taking over the house as I spend time with Mags and write
· A husband who loves me enough to…on and on
· New ideas
· Adapted ideas
· Iced peach tea and a to-do-list
· A computer – even if it needs some major TLC because it works so slow, I choose to be thankful because I have one
· Internet service with Wi-Fi – such a blessing
· A family who understands and accepts the distant look on my face when I am writing, especially when I am attempting to edit
· For my poor punctuation skills – it opens doors to learn and grow
· For a powerful story that will change lives
· For each new day I am blessed with
· For upcoming speaking engagements – God opens the hearts of others to receive my story, Heidi’s story, and ultimately…His story
· One day my book will be published…in His time
How has God gifted you? What difficult aspect of this gifting will you choose to be thankful for today? Can you list at least three?
Lisa M Buske
P.O. Box 323
All 2017 Goals A Mother's Monday Cooking With Lisa Delta Lake Fitness Friday Guest Blogger One-Thousand Gifts Ride For Missing Children Sewing And Crocheting Speaking Thankful Thursday The River's End Bookstore Tops Tuesday Writers Wednesday
Available on Amazon.com
Where's Heidi? One Sister's Journey *
When the Waves Subside: There is Hope *
Encourage Others: One Day at a Time
No More Pain: I Can Fly *
YOU are a Rainbow *
Goal Setting for a Renewed You
*Also available on Kindle*
No Photographs, for any reason, from this site may be used without written permission from Lisa M Buske. Thank you for respecting this.