School is out! Our first week of summer vacation is ending, yet September 4th is still weeks away. Friends are packing their cars for their annual summer vacation and some stay home and enjoy not having to be anywhere. I fall somewhere in the middle.
My daughter would love to be jet set all summer between going to a friend’s house and having them over but I would prefer to hibernate on the deck and get some writing done. Sadly (but thankfully) my husband, Ed, is working with the exception of some vacation in August so it is really us girls on the loose with choices to make.
I haven’t posted a “Goal List” in quite awhile on the blog so here we go:
1) Organize the house – it seems a bomb goes off during the month of June in our house, hmm….Have you ever had this problem?
2) Take care of business – pay the bills, organize the new calendar (I use a August 2012 – July 2013 to coordinate with the school year) with important dates
3) Writer’s Conference – attend at least one
4) Edit “Where’s Heidi?” – the goal is the BEST manuscript I can have before September 4th
5) Family Fun – a given and probably should be 1st, lol, but since I spent today watching movies with my daughter and NOT working – I’m probably good here
6) Set a Timer – daily writing time (work) – using a timer so I can work all summer and be more prepared for the upcoming year
7) Speaking Ministry – send out information packets and schedule at least one even a month for this summer and upcoming school year
8) Write, Write, Write!!!
9) Chillax with the family
What are your summer goals?
Lisa M Buske
P.O. Box 323