Thanks to everyone who planned,
volunteered, cycled, & donated!
To the kiddos and families living with cancer
as part of their daily conversation -
may these stats offer you encouragement and hope!!
Below are our collection of stats, facts and super efforts from the 2016 Great Cycle Challenge.
- The average ride distance was 15.7 miles.
- Your miles collectively lapped earth (along the equator)88.74 times during June.
- Over 58,858 donations have been made to fight kids' cancer!
- 205 riders pedaled over 1,000 miles for their challenge
- The leaderboards have been viewed 112,364 times.
- Rides were recorded in 29 countries, including Canada, Australia, Brazil, Colombia, Peru, India, Japan, South Korea, Italy, Germany, Greece, Hungary, the Netherlands, Norway, the United Kingdom and more!
- Cancer took Sabrina Reiswig's leg 28 years ago, but she still logged an incredible 200 miles to kick cancer's butt!
- Our oldest rider was 80 years young, she still clocked up a massive 102 miles.
- 140,795 individual rides were completed throughout the challenge.
- Our top fundraiser Arden Virnig, raised $18,271 and rode 984 miles in memory of his daughter Mary, who lost her fight to cancer in 2010.
- 2,052 riders were part of a team.
- The average donation made to sponsor a rider is $52.02.
- There were 254 riders from Chicago (Illinois).
- Billy Gogesch rode an incredible 1,813 miles as part of a much larger challenge - riding across from Nevada to Ohio to attend his high school reunion.
- 215 kids took on the challenge to kick cancer's butt for other kids!
- The website was viewed 857,445 times in 174 countries
- We've received countless messages from the families affected by cancer to thank you for your incredible efforts.
- 655 riders have raised $1,000+ and become members of thepeloton club.
- There were 291 riders named Michael and 276 riders named Jennifer
- Riders from Rhode Island have raised an average of $191.48 - the highest in the country.
- 2,264 participants celebrated their birthdays in June!
- The GCC team is experiencing post challenge blues...but we can't wait for next year!
- There are a total of 73,027 fans on our Facebook Page.
- 1,087 participants have been personally affected by cancer.
- Donations have been made online to sponsor a rider from 81 countries.
- 98 riders went international by clocking rides across the world.
- Team Tarlow was the highest fundraising team with 34 members raising a total of $24,819 and pedaling a massive 16,805 miles.
- With 26,699 riders registered, there were approximately1,708,736 spokes turning to kick cancer’s butt throughout June.
- $9,000 is the largest single donation to date.
- For a single person to cover the miles YOU collectively covered in June, they would need to average 3,069 mph non-stop for the entire month…that’s 4 times the speed of sound!
- Together, we've been in the saddle for the equivalent of 6,202 days, 2 hours and 19 minutes.
- 6,614 riders took part in the challenge in memory of a loved one affected by cancer.