Keeping it Real...
Welcome! No matter how you found this, God knew you'd be here today. May you absorb the message He has for you. In 2011 I shared through my writing, today I've learned there is more to me than just writing. I have the energy and passion to share with others. Sometimes through Facebook live and others with my blog and most importantly, I've learned my passion to cook and bake is a vessel to share my writing and live presentations, while glorifying God in the process. I just needed to let go, and follow His lead.
As I devour Ann Voskamp’s book, One Thousand Gifts I shed tears and am inspired at the same time. I subscribed to her blog, “A Holy Experience” and it is just as beautiful as her book. At the end of yesterday’s post there was a challenge (well probably more of an encouraging word yet the competitive side in me read it as “personal challenge”, lol) to list 1,000 gifts from God in my life. The way in which you do this is strictly up to the individual.
The thought of this exercise is both one of joy and reflection. With the help of my trusty calculator, I figured out I only need to list three “presents” from God each day and I will have 1,000+ by the end of the year. Of course, since I am starting on February 8th – I have some catching up to do.
Starting today, and each Wednesday through the year I will share my “One Thousand Gifts” with you. I pray you will respond with a few of your own “presents” from God too. There is so much to be thankful and appreciative for ~ to complete this challenge we only need to write down three.
Lisa M. Buske’s “One Thousand Gifts” ~ My List begins...
1. The breath in my lungs
2. For good health
3. To be fabulous and 40
4. Two loving and supportive parents
5. My parents…happily married 41 years!
6. One beautiful sister
7. Eighteen years of joy, laughter, and sister teasing
8. Memories of my sister
9. To know Heidi was never alone, Jesus wrapped His loving arms around her
10. A loving and supportive husband
11. A hubby who folds the clothes
12. He also puts them away
13. A hubby who is also my friend
14. Willing to work extra to care for us
15. An extended family of four brother-in-laws and four sister-in-laws
16. The miracle of new life
17. For our daughter that doctors said we wouldn’t have
18. For each day we have to watch her grow into a fine young lady
19. For independence, strength, and a willingness to do her own thing
20. The faith of a child to hold me accountable in love
21. Friends and family
22. Unexpected phone calls to say hi…
23. A note of encouragement
24. A text to let me know someone is praying for me
25. The smile on a friend’s face
26. The warmth of a hug between friends
27. The truth in God’s Word
28. The hope found in a few words of Scripture
29. The gift of Salvation
30. A gift available to everyone!
31. Opportunities to share Jesus with others
32. Sweet sleep
33. Answered prayer
34. He is always listening and knows my deepest thoughts
35. A phone call “just” when I need it
36. The perfect Scripture to put a smile on my face
37. The gentle rebuke often staring at me in the Word
39. God freely gave, it is the least we can do
40. The healing found in His forgiveness
Lisa M Buske
P.O. Box 323
All 2017 Goals A Mother's Monday Cooking With Lisa Delta Lake Fitness Friday Guest Blogger One-Thousand Gifts Ride For Missing Children Sewing And Crocheting Speaking Thankful Thursday The River's End Bookstore Tops Tuesday Writers Wednesday
Available on Amazon.com
Where's Heidi? One Sister's Journey *
When the Waves Subside: There is Hope *
Encourage Others: One Day at a Time
No More Pain: I Can Fly *
YOU are a Rainbow *
Goal Setting for a Renewed You
*Also available on Kindle*
No Photographs, for any reason, from this site may be used without written permission from Lisa M Buske. Thank you for respecting this.