The best part of this is the gift of my location for the first half of the week. A friend invited me to “get-away” at their home to dog and house sit. So guess what, I’m retreating lakeside for the next three days!!! I am so excited. We went today after church for a tour and feeding schedules. Mags said, “This is going to be great. I don’t want to leave until Wednesday, for anything.”
Yipee…with the exception of one evening meeting at church ~ I’m retreating! A writer’s escape. Don’t worry about the blog, I’ll still be blogging with beautiful photos to share a little of the beauty and serenity God will be surrounding me with. Yes, Mags will be there too and she has mapped out her three days.
We are looking forward to this get-away as a kick-off to our vacation. Mags is excited not to have homework every day so she can just chillax and me…I plan to write. I have a couple speaking engagements coming up and have been invited back to the River’s End Bookstore for their public reading in March.
I so want to start revising and editing my book yet some have suggested I wait because a few publishers are considering my proposal and manuscript. I was thinking if I continue to revise, add to, and edit it would show the publishers I take my writing seriously yet those who have books published have noted if the publisher is considering my book, they are reviewing the submitted the copy and might not asked for a revamped one.
It might be nerves pushing me to edit but at other times, things come to me that I remember (momentarily) and want to add because they expand on the story but if I don’t write them down, they are lost again in the fog of loss.
If you were me, what would you do?
Edit, revise, and add to the current manuscript or wait and trust the one being considered?