Others, like Terri Groh, author and blogger, continues her list of things to be thankful. As I look at this past week and reflect on where we were five years ago and praying for where we might be five years into the future I realized I've lost touch with being thankful each day then sharing this list with others.
I think I'm still a positive person and focus on the positive yet there is always room for growth. I started to type, "I'm not sure why or how" this realization came to me" THEN I chuckled to myself when I realized I know exactly why and who is responsible...the Holy Spirit came me a nudge, tap on the shoulder, a kiss from the king, or a Godstop...or whatever you call these moments of God working in your life.
This is the first thing I'll chose to be thankful for. I used to share my list on Wednesdays as a participant of Ann VosCamps challenge but with my new Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday blog schedule...I'll dedicate Saturdays as my day of thanks. It will be a way to reflect on the previous week and move forward with more joy.
My goal is to make a written list through the week, hence, start a gratitude journal again, then share the highlights on Saturdays.
Without Further Ado...let me share my list of thanks and praise:
- Thankful for my faith and a God who loves me even when I act like a toddler
- For my husband who remains calm in the midst of financial stress when I struggle not to puddle
- For wonderful friends who listen and lift me up
- For the ladies at Bible Study and their excitement and energy to delve into their Bibles and learn what God has for them
- For my podcast, a new way to reach more people and share hope, inspiration, and encouragement.
- For my husband who has electrical training and might be able to fix our heater using parts from my parents old Monitor that doesn't work any longer (prayers it works are appreciated)
- For my Dad who remembered he had their old Monitor in the garage and suggested we check it for similar parts
- To God for having the same exact model Monitor in the garage for my husband to work off to possibly fix our heater
- For family visiting from out of state
- For a family birthday party celebrating an aunt's 80th birthday that brings family from across the United States
- To have our daughter home for the weekend, first time since she she had a few days off over the summer (which we spent traveling), enjoying our time with her
- For the necessities that so many don't have: a roof over our head, food in the cupboards, multiple cars with gasoline for transportation, running water, and electricity
- For Wifi...
- For the desire and inspiration to write again
- For all of you because you continue to encourage and support me as I venture forward
This might be a short list for a week but these are the ones that stand out this morning. Have a great day and remember to be thankful, each day is a blessing and tomorrow is not a guarantee.