Are you familiar with the joy and gift associated with a teacher and student's favorite two words, "snow day", during the winter months? If not, let me explain.
There are times in beautiful upstate New York the snow falls so fast, so hard, and in such great quantity that our school superintendents are forced to close school for the day. This is for the safety and wellbeing of the students and staff. These days are built into our school calendar and if we don't use them all, we have an extended Memorial Day weekend. I enjoy a long weekend as much as the next gal but there is something special about a snow day.
Snow days are an unplanned gift of time...a true blessing!
I have enjoyed these two words since my childhood but for different reasons. In elementary school this meant a day full of playing outside in the snow until my fingers were numb or the snow fort was built, whichever was first. During middle school, it meant more time to watch television or finish assignments in need of my attention. The snow days of my high school years were spent sleeping!
As an adult working as a teacher's assistant at the local elementary school, and as an author with an upcoming book release, and a speaker with various speaking presentations in the next few months ~ the snow day has taken on new meaning. I have no intention of going out to play in the snow, to sleep the day away, or waste this gift of time God has blessed me with.
This week's "things to do" and "things accomplished list" is exciting. First and foremost, there are more things on the accomplished list BUT the excitement to have an entire day to eliminate some of the "to do" items on my list ahead of schedule...awesome!!
Don't worry though, it won't be a day of only work.
Things to Do
*Finish Mom and Dad's anniversary gift by the end of the weekend
*Meet with Bill & Mindy at the River's End Bookstore to plan the book release party!!
*Write upcoming blogs and save as drafts
- Ash Wednesday (2/13) kicks off Lent and in celebration of Where's Heidi? One Sister's Journey's release at the end of Lent, there will be an opportunity for one of you to win a book prior to its release, with the drawing video taped and posted on Thursday (2/14)
- Mystery Book Signing on 4/3 Announced
During March, there will be one clue in each TOP's Tuesday blog of the time and location for an unadvertised book signing prior to the party at the River's End Bookstore in Oswego (oops, already gave you a clue)
- Friends and Sweetheart Dinner Ticket Giveaway - On February 16th, our church is hosting their annual dinner. Two tickets will be given away to someone commenting on the blog between 2/8 - 2/10
* Develop My Portfolio to send out to: bookstores, media, and libraries to announce the release of Where's Heidi? One Sister's Journey and to secure interviews and book signings for the days and months following 4/3/13
* Compile lists of potential media: local television news, talk shows, newspapers, radio, etc.
* Compile lists of bookstores, libraries, and other places to do book signings
* Continue to pray, prepare, and share while keeping my eyes and heart focused on Jesus
Accomplished Since Last Week
*Approved final proof for Where's Heidi? One Sister's Journey!!!
*The Blog Tour started - with a couple new bloggers added to the schedule since last week
*My house is clean and organized!
*Ran out of regular coffee :( Drinking the decaf from the freezer ~ and guess what, it isn't that bad
*Nearly completed a surprise gift for my parents - their anniversary is on Jan. 30th. I will share a photo of what the surprise is, on Jan. 31st, so my parents have a day to enjoy it.
P.O. Box 323
A Mother's Monday
Ride For Missing Children
Sewing And Crocheting
The River's End Bookstore