Today represents the last day of 2011. An evening traditionally associated with celebration, parties, and remembrance.
· Will you take time to reflect on the year past?
· Who will you spend your last hours of 2011 with?
· What will you be doing – watching the ball drop? Playing a card or board game with friends? Sleeping? Working?
· Where will you be when the clock strikes Midnight?
· How will you welcome in the New Year? With goals and resolutions?
Why is there so much effort put into the celebration of the year’s end? The Bible tells us there will be an end to our life here on earth. Are we spending as much time in preparation for Jesus’ second coming? How much time is spent purifying our hearts and listening to Him as He guides us through this life? Are we wearing our Sunday best throughout the weeks, months, and year to bring Him the glory?
I wish everyone a Happy New Year yet I challenge you to dedicate some time and energy into preparing your heart, home, family, and life for the return of Christ ~ this will be the greatest celebration of all times! A kiss from the King will be better than any kiss you might receive this year. Enjoy the transition to 2012 with Jesus in your heart.
No one knows about that day or hour,
not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son,
but only the Father...
Lisa M Buske
P.O. Box 323