Have you ever had the desire to write and then the phone rings or the timer on the dryer goes off? I know I've had those days.
Here are some practical tips to help you carve some writing time into your schedule:
1) Start your day in the Word - Read your Bible
2) Spend some time in prayer - conversing with God (remember this is a two-way process, talking and Listening)
3) Journal your feelings, something learned and how God responded to you
4) Be a little selfish! Set time aside daily (start with 3x week) to write! Start each session with prayer and end with prayer .
5) Be creative in modifying your schedule - You can do it!
I will confess I struggle to do these things yet God has renewed and inspired me to get focused on my writing. I pray for those that will someday read my book as we as for myself to write for God and not for man.
Writer's need to pray for each other - I'll pray for you and would be honored if you would pray for me. Together in prayer and with God - He will be glorified.
"After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly." Acts 4:32
May God guide our pens, pencils and keyboards to "speak the Word of God boldly" to our readers.
Lisa M Buske
P.O. Box 323