Keeping it Real...
Welcome! No matter how you found this, God knew you'd be here today. May you absorb the message He has for you. In 2011 I shared through my writing, today I've learned there is more to me than just writing. I have the energy and passion to share with others. Sometimes through Facebook live and others with my blog and most importantly, I've learned my passion to cook and bake is a vessel to share my writing and live presentations, while glorifying God in the process. I just needed to let go, and follow His lead.
This past week was a roller coaster ride, to say the least. Life has been fast paced with twists and turns, but this is what life is all about, right?
On some levels, it's the twist and turns that keep us on our toes. We learn from each one. Some we handle the right way, other times, we fail BUT we still learn. I've never weighed my good and bad choices on a scale but there is one thing I know for sure, experiential learning was part of them all.
This week, for T.O.P.'s Tuesday, I thought it would be a good time to share a few things I've learned, or was reminded of, this week:
1) You can 100% and some will still want more
2) You can't make everyone happy at the same time
3) When one thing is crossed off the list, another is added
4) Tomorrow is not a guarantee
5) It's hard to put yourself first
In response to my five reminders/lessons of the week, I have words of wisdom for myself, and you, if you choose to keep reading:
1) Only you can choose to say "no" when you've reached your limit
2) Accept that others won't like it, or understand, when you say no
3) You are the list writer, before you add a new item, ask yourself, "Is this important?"
4) Before you respond or react, how will you feel if it's left unresolved?
5) It's necessary to take time for yourself to avoid burnout (and being miserable to the people you love the most)
These are my words of wisdom after a week of ups and downs, all starting with Daylight Savings Time. To change the clocks forward triggers quietness, nightmares, and an emptiness in the pit of my stomach. My sister, Heidi M Allen, disappeared on April 3, 1994. It was also Daylight Savings Time and Easter Sunday. For my family, each of these three things effect us differently. I admit it's easier now, since 90% of our clocks change without us but the other 10%...ugh.
My husband usually does this because I struggle so much with it but I did it myself this year. Some of you reading this are thinking, "what's the big deal? It's just moving the clock ahead an hour. Get over it lady!" Well, this is why I did it myself this year. As I work on completing my new book and devotional, "Not Just an Easter Devo", I'm facing fears and accepting the challenges I give my readers.
Don't worry, I don't challenge anyone to change their clock, this is my hurdle to jump, not yours. This is the beauty of writing a devotional.st I have the opportunity to challenge my readers, and myself, at the same time. Although it's not available yet, there are a few lucky readers enjoying it during this year's Lenten season. My negative, I haven't had as much time to write since returning to work and my normal, way-to-busy, schedule. The positive, my readers are asking for the next week's devotionals. I printed them off over the weekend and got them into their hands. Phew...
Here's the deal, part of my busyness comes from not saying "no" enough, and saying "yes" when I know it will stretch me thin. I need to reread the books from earlier in the year, or find a blog that reinforces the, "It's okay to say no", philosophy. It's a challenge because I come from a long line of "puterers". This isn't a real word, unless you are in my family. We like to putter, so a person that putters, is a putterer.
Basically, this means our puttering often is more than the average person does in a day, at least according to my husband and some of my friends. As I face more opportunities to putter, pray I learn to prioritize better and use the word "no" more often. It might be a short, two letter word, but goodness is it hard to use. What's up with that? If you are able to say no to people, share in the comments ways you are able to do this. All the "yesers" and "putterers" anxiously await your wisdom.
Is it easy or challenging for you to say no?
Lisa M Buske
P.O. Box 323
All 2017 Goals A Mother's Monday Cooking With Lisa Delta Lake Fitness Friday Guest Blogger One-Thousand Gifts Ride For Missing Children Sewing And Crocheting Speaking Thankful Thursday The River's End Bookstore Tops Tuesday Writers Wednesday
Available on Amazon.com
Where's Heidi? One Sister's Journey *
When the Waves Subside: There is Hope *
Encourage Others: One Day at a Time
No More Pain: I Can Fly *
YOU are a Rainbow *
Goal Setting for a Renewed You
*Also available on Kindle*
No Photographs, for any reason, from this site may be used without written permission from Lisa M Buske. Thank you for respecting this.