The past few months have been a challenge and difficult for me and my family as a whole. Our summer went from relaxing to chaotic in the matter of one newspaper article.
Thanksgiving and Christmas are already challenging holidays to transition through, remembering the times with Heidi while praying not to focus on the memories we/she were denied when she was kidnapped on April 3, 1994. A factor many might not realize, something usually happens during the holidays to intensify the raw emotions of loss and grief. Sometimes they are in the news and other times they are not. Regardless, our loss of Heidi, only increases our sensitivity to others and makes us stronger each day.
Facts are facts though:
Heidi Allen was abducted on April 3, 1994, Easter Sunday and remains missing today! Her parents, sister, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends, family, and community remember her smile and pray for her return daily
A hearing is scheduled for January, and we (Heidi's family, friends, community, and prayer warriors) have a choice - focus on Hope for Heidi Allen or be swallowed in the drama of life
Heidi Allen is STILL missing! Her parents, sister, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends, family, and community remember her smile and pray for her return daily.
I don't know about you but I MUST choose HOPE and PRAYERS for my sweet sister, Heidi Allen. I choose to FOCUS on my parents. It's the deep pain in their eyes again that weighs on my heart, no one can take this pain away, as they relive losing their youngest daughter all over again.
If you think of it, would you join me in prayer...
- for Heidi to be found - this was the goal in April 94' and the goal still today...to find Heidi
- for the strength necessary to move forward each day
- for the words and ability to encourage, inspire, and help others
- to spend time daily in the Word and with the Only One strong enough to carry through this
- for truth, justice, understanding, and compassion for all involved
- for a joyful Thanksgiving and Christmas season - may our grief not consume us but be a springboard to make hope, love, and joy the focus and one we share
"Have I not commanded you?
Pardon the ramblings on this TOP's Tuesday, keeping it real.
Lisa M Buske
P.O. Box 323