Keeping it personal and inspirational...
For the next few weeks I plan to share some of the items in my new writer's cottage and why they were selected. The space is small and perfect for writing and once the ceilings and walls were done, it was time to bring in items to inspire me and remind me of the people who encourage and uplift me. Each item was selected for a reason and speaks to my heart. Let me share some of them with you and others I treasure in my heart, knowing why it's special. Not everything belongs, or needs to be, on the blog and social media.
This is the left-hand corner of my "work" table. Under the table are magazines for collages and the top is clear for WIPs (Works in Progress). I'm excited to have a large enough table to leave out projects so I can start working exactly where I left off without having to set it up again the next day.
Let me share the specialness (yes, it's not a word but I like it anyway) of a few of these items:
1) The Vase of Roses: A gift from my Mom on the eighteenth anniversary of Heidi's kidnapping, with one red rose of hope for the next year
2) The Red Roses: My bouquet from Montrose Writers' Conference 2019, received at The Torreys
3) The Lion: A gift tossed to me, reminding me to be a lion when I write
4) The Duck: A reminder I'm now a part of the odd ducks, a GREAT honor
5) The Coffee Mug behind the red roses & Lion: A gift reminding me to be BRAVE
This is only a snip-it of inspiration within my little space yet they provide MUCH inspiration. Be sure to come back next Tuesday to learn more about the little tidbits within my writing space.
What trinket do you keep to inspire you?
Lisa M Buske
P.O. Box 323