A question I hear often from friends, family, and my co-workers. There is a company called Café Press and they make fun t-shirts, my daughter’s favorite and the one she wants to gift me with at some point is, “My Mom is so blogging this”. Seriously, I enjoy writing this blog so much. God opens my eyes to so many “typical” or “ordinary” things and events every day. The blog is one way I can share God’s beauty and hand in the most typical and ordinary of things we might see or encounter in our daily lives.
Common Places for a Buske Blog to be birthed
· During our Sunday morning Worship Service (especially when Pastor is preaching – don’t worry I only chicken scratch my notes on a sticky note, with the date so I can give Pastor my attention again. I do take meticulous notes for when I sit to write the blog at a later date.)
· While at my Parent’s House (my level of inspiration is at its peak here)
· While carrying on a conversation (whether it be over the phone or in person and the topic generally has nothing to do with what we’re talking about)
· Through journaling exercises
· While exercising (2012 goal - more exercise inspired blogs, lol)
· During my prayer and devotion time
I generally have over fifteen blogs saved in my draft folder at one time. The level of the draft varies from only a title, to hen-pecked notes, and some completed waiting for the day God leads me to hit “post live”. There are some drafts from this fall and even a couple from this summer still awaiting their debut.
Last week I spoke with a woman named Ann on the phone and while we were talking business I made a statement, she laughed and it ignited the fervor to write. I ran to the kitchen and wrote down this draft title, “Oil and Vinegar Do Mix”. Once off the phone I logged into my website and blog, opened up a “new blog” to save the working title and make some notes. I told Ann this blog would be dedicated to her for her inspiration.
You never know when a blog or friendship will occur. God’s timing is always perfect. Be sure to read tomorrow’s blog and learn how this title relates to my marriage. Have a great day!
Lisa M Buske
P.O. Box 323